On June 6, 2005, Duty Free Americas Miami, LLC (an entity controlled by DFA) was selected by Miami-Dade County’s Request for Proposal (RFP) Evaluation Team to be the duty free concessionaire at Miami International Airport (MIA). On November 3, 2005, the Miami-Dade Board of County Commissioners formally approved the decision of the Evaluation Team. In operating the MIA duty free contract, DFA will partner with two respected Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) firms, namely Concourse Concessions and Siboney Wine & Spirits Merchants. The 10-year contract is expected to commence in January 2006 and will be comprised of 8 duty free stores, growing to 12 stores by 2008 as MIA completes its redevelopment plan. In its business proposal, DFA stated that it expects to significantly grow the duty free business at MIA.
- MIA, Duty Free Americas celebrate four new boutiques
- April 2, 2008 – Duty Free Americas evolves to the next step of luxury retailing
- August 29, 2007 – Duty Free Americas leaps into Asia with grand opening of stores at Venetian Macao-Resort Hotel
- March 26, 2006 – DFA Lands Top Americas Award
- OCTOBER 2005 – DFA OPENS NEW STORE AT BUFFALO’S PEACE BRIDGE